The Briar Patch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to The Briar Patch!
Kick your shoes off and sit a spell!

Emily Cassidy and Schizoaffective Disorder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lambyyydance

lambyyydance

Emily Cassidy and Schizoaffective Disorder Empty
PostSubject: Emily Cassidy and Schizoaffective Disorder   Emily Cassidy and Schizoaffective Disorder EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 6:05 pm

Emily Nicole Cassidy is medically diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder, and Psychosis, as evident from her posting her medical records.

Let's see how this diagnosis means that she believes in delusions, and therefore, is nearly incapable of telling the truth or having any opinion that is not inherently false. (Not everyone who has this diagnosis is like this, of course, but Emily's is obviously severe, as seen from more than one ward visit.)

Schizoaffective disorder is basically just a diagnosis name for Schizophrenia with mood abnormalities. So from here on out, I will be referring to her disorder as Schizophrenia, as well as posting MEDICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SOURCES FROM REAL DOCTORS (emphasized for Emily's sake) on Schizophrenia.

What I have seen from Emily the most are her Delusions. I believe them to be the biggest symptom of her disorder.

- "Delusions are simply false ideas believed by the patient but not by other people in his/her culture and which cannot be corrected by reason. They are usually based on some kind of sensory experience that the person misinterprets. This may be as simple as brief static on the radio or a flicker of the television screen that the person interprets as a signal."

- "One simple form of a delusion is the conviction that random events going on around the person all relate in a direct way to him or her."

- "Rather than simply being watched, the person becomes convinced that he/she is being controlled by other persons, manipulated, or even hypnotized. Such persons are constantly on the alert for confirmatory evidence to support their beliefs; needless to say, they always find it from among the myriad visual and auditory stimuli perceived by all of us each day."

- "Delusions of being wired or radio-controlled are relatively common. Often it is the FBI or the CIA that is the suspected perpetrator of the scheme. In recent years, an increasing numbers of delusions have involved the Internet."

-E. Fuller Torrey, American psychiatrist and schizophrenia researcher.

Her Psychosis diagnosis is a double-down on her doctor stating that she does not have the ability to believe reality; Psychosis is a mental disorder that causes abnormal thinking and perceptions. It's even sometimes called 'Delusional Disorder'. Here is further reading on that.

- "People who have psychotic episodes are often unaware that their delusions or hallucinations are not real, which may lead them to feel frightened or distressed." -NHS.

- "Delusions and hallucinations are two very different symptoms that are both often experienced by people with psychosis. Delusions and hallucinations seem real to the person who is experiencing them. People who are experiencing a delusion of paranoia might think that they are being followed when they aren’t or that secret messages are being sent to them. Someone with a grandiose delusion will have an exaggerated sense of importance. Somatic delusion is when a person believes they have a terminal illness, but in reality they’re healthy." -Healthline.

- "The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue. People with delusional disorder experience non-bizarre delusions, which involve situations that could occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against, or loved from a distance. These delusions usually involve the misinterpretation of perceptions or experiences. In reality, however, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated." -Cleveland Clinic.

Bottomline, NONE of Emily's beliefs are to be trusted. That she was abused, hacked, gaslit, harassed, anything. SHE HAS TWO DISORDERS THAT FORCE HER TO BELIEVE FALSEHOODS.

If she were to come here to say that, because she's mentally ill, then we should stay off her things so that she isn't triggered into these symptoms- that's also incorrect. She is an adult woman who doesn't wish to be babied, and as such, she should be in charge of her own triggers, and make the effort to not put herself in situations that can speed up a psychosis episode.

I have bolded information that is useful to her. Stay safe, and take your meds, my pals. I love you

Briar Rose, AislinnArisen, FormerRPOwner and Liyah like this post

Back to top Go down
AislinnArisen

AislinnArisen

Emily Cassidy and Schizoaffective Disorder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily Cassidy and Schizoaffective Disorder   Emily Cassidy and Schizoaffective Disorder EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 6:28 pm

lambyyydance wrote:
Emily Nicole Cassidy is medically diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder, and Psychosis, as evident from her posting her medical records.

I have bolded information that is useful to her. Stay safe, and take your meds, my pals. I love you

Emily has shown her medical records several times, so everything you say here is true.  One large issue that Emily also has is that she cannot be trusted to stay on her medications.  Thanks in part to her own grandmother, who would not make sure Emily took her meds like she was suppose to, Emily has it now in her own mind that she does not really need the medications she is prescribed.  More than half the time, Emily is non-compliant with her medications, which makes her even more dangerous, since messing with your meds will have detrimental effects on a person with any condition, but especially with this one.

lambyyydance and FormerRPOwner like this post

Back to top Go down

Emily Cassidy and Schizoaffective Disorder
Page 1 of 1