The Briar Patch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to The Briar Patch!
Kick your shoes off and sit a spell!
Get lost Emily. YOU are not welcome here EVER.

The Scream - By ReddSiren

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liyah

Liyah

The Scream - By ReddSiren  Empty
PostSubject: The Scream - By ReddSiren    The Scream - By ReddSiren  EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 10:23 am

The Scream - By ReddSiren  Screen40

-I do not own the writing prompts, this is my creation from the ideas-

She had been screaming. Her mind lost completely. The pain radiating through out her, overwhelmed, the drugs killing her, the pain of yanking her own heart out and tossing it away. Her mind focusing on the last time she was near him. The loving smile on lips she now wished she had kissed more. The feel of his hand in hers, that unquestionable feeling of home. It was all gone. Torn away because of her duty. She had been screaming...

Death's Changeling had been watching her, waiting for the moment to offer it's dark twisted gift. Around her doctors and nurses were trying to save her life, unaware that Death waited on the threshold. If she did not take the gift, he would come and pull her away. Few had ever taken the gift the Changelings offered. But this one was sure she would. As her soul slipped to the ether the Changeling took its place. The woman blinked.

"Hello." The changeling crooned.
"Are you Death?" The woman asked. It knew than she would take its gift. She longed for the Abyss.
"No. But he waits. Do you truly wish to die?"
"Yes." The woman said.
"Why?"
"I lost everything. I lost him. He will never forgive me. He hates me. I have the others but..." Her voice broke.
"What if you lived, but I helped you. Let me tag along with you. I will aid you. Let me take control for a time and when I have fixed things, let you take back over?"
The woman paused, only for a breath, to put out her palm. Her veins even in the ether were turning a bright blue, her skin translucent. The Changeling knew it. The woman never once hesitated. She did not care the cost. It shook her hand.

The screaming stopped. The woman turned over the edge of the gurney and heaved a gelatinous goo for many moments. Doctors and nurses pausing as her heart rate eased, her face flushed... but the screaming stopped. Her eyes would open, an unholy color in the fluorescent lights. No sound but the calm tone of her voice asking for water.

Calliopevonschweetz likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Scream - By ReddSiren
Page 1 of 1