The Briar Patch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to The Briar Patch!
Kick your shoes off and sit a spell!

Distance - By ReddSiren

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liyah

Liyah

Distance - By ReddSiren Empty
PostSubject: Distance - By ReddSiren   Distance - By ReddSiren EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 9:48 am

Distance - By ReddSiren Screen37

Distance"

Time had taken it's toll on the man, but it had been seen to that his efforts would not be for nothing. The portal was stable, all that was left would be hoping that his form lasted traversing from one plane to the next one last time, after all for the time he had been lost to it, he had changed in some ways. Hopefully in ways she would accept, when he made his way home. Stepping through, the pain would envelop him but his anger and sorrow forced his attention forward, until finally, the same old soul that had been lost for so long stepped back into the world, turning one final glance back onto the hell he'd been confined in before the portal crumbled down into a mere pile of rubble. Darkened eyes turning forward, the hunt for her began anew, and so he stepped off in pursuit of his home.

She had waited every day in the same spot. Her gaze drifting out over the land waiting for any tell tale sign of him. Every day she had come at sunset, when he had disappeared. How many years had it been? How many countless nights she had watched the sun set only to return to the tower to bank her fire and go to sleep, curled in blankets too cold for her liking. But tonight she leaned against the pillar as the sun came through the window up the stair well. Tonight she would wait again for those signs, and tonight like many others she would go back to her tower... Or not. Out in the distance a light flashed, a rumble shook the land. Something unheard of in this place of serenity and peace... Than the drumming of her heart began. Could it be?

Flames licking at his form as if it were a beacon in the night, one step after the other carried him forward, a scrutinizing gaze offered to the surrounding areas, the stones, the trees, the wilds in general before coming to a stop. Scanning the horizon, the makings of a structure jutting upwards in the night would catch his attention and without bothering to take the time to gather his wits about him, he was off and began making his way through the wilderness, tearing through anything that would be in his way until he'd near the structure, only then taking it upon himself to be more-so quiet and observant.

She had taken to the edge of the stone rail. Something moved out there. Moving to grab her lantern would lean over the stone and watch. The sun was setting behind the tower as she watched. She should be running, heading for the towers upper levels. But something kept her leaning over the rail. This place was unknown to violence and destruction. It was what some would say shang-ri la. But it had been hell for too long. Peering into the shadows waits for whatever had made that noise to come through. Her tower was the nearest things for miles so she knew it would towards her.

Stepping free from the trees, the fire would reignite around his form lighting the immediate area, having taken at least the cautionary measures to not light the forest ablaze. Still a bit sluggish from the 'trip', his next step would falter before he'd growl and shake his head in an attempt to rid himself of the daze and lift his eyes to the tower, slowly inspecting the stonework as if trying to recognize it, before his gaze reached the railing, and inevitably her, where they'd widen and he'd nearly freeze, arms falling limp at his sides and the corner of his mouth barely lifting in a smirk as he'd call out rather quietly, his voice carrying on the wind in an unnatural way, "It's certainly been some time now, hasn't it...?"

Watched the fire ignite lighting the forest. The person within clearly not affected. Shielding her eyes from the blaze, held her lantern back. Whoever it was would see her unarmed, weapons were an afterthought in this place. She then heard the voice. Dropping the lantern to the stone looked down hearing that voice. "Some time?" How could one take years as some time. She would glare at him at first than simply stare. As if she was dreaming waiting for him to poof. "Where have you been?" She asked her voice small, waiting for this phantom or wraith to disappear.

Even at the dropping of the lantern, the question and the glare, the smirk would remain and his eyes wouldn't leave her form, not for a second as he stepped forward, "Aye, some time.. As for where-" he'd pause and sigh, looking down and a frown adorning his features before his gaze returned to her, "Regretfully, out of reach." the fire surrounding his form began to grow brighter and the heat rolling off of him less that of a welcoming hearth, more that of the raging inferno he'd become, "Though, those responsible for it will soon be reminded what it means to their livelihood that they trapped me for so long." with saying that, he cracked a grin, though not the kind of a happy-go-lucky soul, he was changed, not as...light as he had been before in his nature, and the look in those eyes coupled with the teeth on display would confirm that if anything.

Her own eyes would keep on him even as the blaze made it hard to keep them on him. Her frown deepened. "Out of reach? I thought you were dead. DEAD! Than I thought there was no way in hell that anyone could take you out. So I kept watch in this hellish place." She felt the heat of his blaze reach her even on the rail. "Dammit turn that off! You want the local guards to see you? Do you want them snooping around our tower? I don't. They think I am some widow that makes tinctures and potions up here." She snarled. But that snarl would turn to a sigh as she pushed herself up onto the rail and than over. Braving the heat and the flames would come to stand before him, only to wrap her arms about his waist. Her sighs grew deeper, turning to sobs...

With a sigh, as she neared the flames would flicker and die, looking down at her with a sad smile as she put her arms around him, his own moving to drape around her as if his mere presence would be a protective cloak of sorts. "I wasn't taken out, I wasn't killed...though were it all a game, I was whisked away from the playing board. If I could have returned sooner, I would, though being trapped within an entirely different plane of existence bore more difficulties than merely escaping love... As for the guards, if they come snooping, they'll regret it quite thoroughly. I've just now returned, and should they interrupt this, there would be hell to pay." with that, he'd lean in and plant a small kiss against her forehead.

Listened to him and felt the heat give way to the cool night air. His arms about her making her sigh gently. She could hear the anger in his voice as he spoke, and hear it from the rumble in his chest. Feeling that kiss on her forehead would look up, "Violence is not allowed here the way we are used to. Least out in this province. The rules are different.." She said looking up at his face. "I thought there was no way you would come back... This distance was too much."

With a quirked brow he'd remain silent, looking down to her and listening to the explanation she'd offered up, though with a roll of his eyes he'd grunt and look back down to her, "Violence is 'never' allowed by the world, yet it still happens by the will of those within it. As for this province and it's rules, when have those ever been applicable to us?" his right arm remained around her, though his left came back in-between them, the hand coming to a stop just underneath her chin to hold it in a way so that she'd remain looking at him, "The distance is no longer what it was, and I'm here with you again to stay." that being said, the man she once knew and the man he'd become bridged the distance and leaned in to press his lips against hers with a kiss.

Calliopevonschweetz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Distance - By ReddSiren
Page 1 of 1