The Briar Patch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to The Briar Patch!
Kick your shoes off and sit a spell!

Unpopular Opinions of Media

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mooncake

Mooncake

Unpopular Opinions of Media Empty
PostSubject: Unpopular Opinions of Media   Unpopular Opinions of Media EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:58 pm

Like the title says, what's an unpopular opinion you hold about a specific media that you carry despite people not rallying to that cause?

I'll start with a couple.

I really hate the Netflix She-Ra adaptation. The animation looks lazy, the characters suffer from sameness syndrome and awful redesigns, and the art style in general is borderline Cal Arts which is awful in and of itself since it flooded the art community after Steven Universe got popular.

Inversely, I really like the pre-Dark Knight Batman movies. Yes, those cheesy af colourful abominations. Schwarzenegger was a great Mr. Freeze (fight me) and the set/costume/makeup direction very much translated a "comic" aesthetic I really appreciated at the time, especially with the 90's popularity of the animated series. They were great fun and worth every rewatch.

AislinnArisen, FormerRPOwner and Calliopevonschweetz like this post

Back to top Go down
Calliopevonschweetz

Calliopevonschweetz

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinions of Media   Unpopular Opinions of Media EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 11:01 pm

I loved the older batman movies!! A lot of folks only think of the most modern Batman adaptations and forget that the original TV show was silly and cheesy and delightful as hell because of it. Eartha Kitt as Catwoman too, mrooow!

Mooncake and FormerRPOwner like this post

Back to top Go down
Mooncake

Mooncake

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinions of Media   Unpopular Opinions of Media EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 11:12 pm

I'm pretty much a fan of any of the forms of Batman with creative twists. The original show was creative as heck, especially given what they had to work with at the time for television. And who can hate Adam West and Burt Ward "climbing" up walls by walking? It makes me laugh every time, plus the fact they'd embraced just how cheesy that was and had fun with it. The weeaboo in me also likes Batman Ninja but that's grossly for aesthetic purposes.

In terms of the comics themselves, the Batwoman comics line was excellent because of their use of colour and blocking to make panels pop hard. The story was amazing until DC mucked it up.
On that note, the Batwoman TV show was one of the worst adaptations I've seen in a while.
Back to top Go down
Jetta Bentham

Jetta Bentham

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinions of Media   Unpopular Opinions of Media EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 11:27 pm

Calliopevonschweetz wrote:
I loved the older batman movies!! A lot of folks only think of the most modern Batman adaptations and forget that the original TV show was silly and cheesy and delightful as hell because of it. Eartha Kitt as Catwoman too, mrooow!

Michael Keaton is my favorite Batman that isn't animated/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinions of Media   Unpopular Opinions of Media Empty

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Opinions of Media
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Briar Patch :: Briar Patch Community :: Discussions :: Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: